Sunday, March 8, 2015

Bee Two French Baguette & Coffee

No, I will definitely not go back for their "banh mi"s because they really aren't banh mis. Out of all the banh mis I've tried in Hong Kong, this has got to be the worst of my experiences.

This place supposedly relocated to Central from Prince Edward, and now that I think of it I think I've walked past it before when it was still in Kowloon. In Central, this place sits on a corner near the Kau Yu Fong Lan Kwai Fong Hotel. Banh mis are the only sandwiches I enjoy eating so I am always on a quest to find them in Hong Kong.

This place has lunch sets for $54 which includes a (small) "banh mi", a (small) salad and a drink (lemon tea, lemon water or milk tea). I was pretty excited as I took the food out of the paper bag until I took a bite out of the sandwich. The shreds of carrots were way too sweet, the meat was like... honey ham or something... there's no pork liver pate spread... no Maggie... no jalapeno slices (ok this last one they warned me, but I didn't think they would just put some chili oil in as the "spice" that I requested for). FYI, I still have a look of disgust and hunger as I am typing this as it brings back the terrible memories.

I'm guessing their pasta or other normal sandwiches would be better, but please don't go for the "traditional banh mi"....


Location: G/F, 166 Wellington Street (near Kau Yu Fong)
Website: NA

No comments:

Post a Comment