Thursday, March 5, 2015

Breakfast in Kaohsiung

 One of my favorite things to eat in Kaohsiung is their egg crepe 蛋饼 for breakfast. It's a very local and "standard" Taiwanese breakfast which is served at pretty much all breakfast joints. You can usually choose one of the following to include in your egg crepe, and can add cheese as well if you'd like: bacon, wieners, ham, tuna, veggies. My favorite is the bacon and cheese egg crepe while my nephew's favorite is the ham and cheese egg crepe. You can either eat it on it's own or you can eat it with 酱油膏  and 辣椒酱 (my nephew eats it without).

Another one of my Kaohsiung breakfast favorites is their ham and egg sandwiches. In comparison to the Hong Kong versions (which I also really like), the Taiwanese version's bread is sweeter and toasted by default, there is some mayo present, and also shreds of cucumber present. The end result tastes amazing even if the description sounds kind of gross.

As a bonus, the cost of these delicious breakfasts are very low (from the viewpoint of a visitor).

I was going to post on my other favorite, salt and pepper deep fried chicken 鹽酥鸡, but maybe I will just wait till next time since it's actually quite hard to write about it so many days after... In any case, the point of this post is to say that Taiwan is more than just beef noodles and pineapple cakes. 








Extra large menu here for you to read....


No comments:

Post a Comment