Thursday, February 26, 2015

Morning Quickies - Landmark and Co.

When I was working at the Henley, I was eating the macaroni/noodle/congee breakfast sets from the CKC building almost every single day - another factor that contributed to my rapid weight gain. On other days, I liked to grab food from the places below.

Yummy (<$25): It's slightly further away from Henley especially in the morning, but I think their breakfasts are totally worth the walk. I usually go for this when I arrive in Central early (i.e. 8:15am - boy do I miss 9am starts). My favorite is their faux siu mais (fish meat siu mai), which are the best I've ever had in HK (my ex-colleagues really liked them too so.. yah!). On my hungrier days I would go for their congee as well making it a set. Their cheung fun / rice rolls aren't bad either but I guess they just really aren't my thing.

Location: Chiu Lung Street (can enter alley through Queen's Road Central by the McDonalds and Calvin Klein)

Sun Hing (<$25): It's somewhat across from Yummy and next to the 7-11 on Chiu Long Street. They have very good satay beef sandwiches, sweet/spicy/sour noodles (I know, it's heavy in the morning but... great for if you have a slight hangover from the night before), and pan fried turnip cake.

Location: Chiu Lung Street (can enter alley through Queen's Road Central by the McDonalds and Calvin Klein)

Urban Bakery (<$20): Croissants, their croissants are oh so very good. Very close to Henley too so it's fantastic.

Location: 4th (?) floor of the Landmark where 360 used to be. Man I miss 360.

Simply Life (<$20): yes they do have sandwiches for under $20, the only problem is it doesn't really fill me up. The cheese they use is really good though so... that is why I get it sometimes.

Location: Landmark basement near the Fuel.



No comments:

Post a Comment