Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Yummy

I used to go to Yummy a lot when I was working in Henley Building. The alley it is situated in is called Chiu Lung Street, which can be entered through Queen's Road Central near the Calvin Klein and McDonalds. You know that McDonalds? the one you've been to before when you were absolutely hammered at 3am and wanted nothing more than 20 chicken nuggets / filet o'fish / sausage and egg mcmuffin? The memories are coming back now huh? You must know which McDonalds I am talking about ;)

They are actually just a regular che zai mien / cart noodle place, but they do street food style breakfasts (siu mai, congee, fried noodles, rice rolls), other cool noodles (viet style chicken vermicelli, sesame sauce chicken noodles) and rice (curry, tomato sauce, viet style).

Dishes I liked:
  • viet style cold vermicelli with chicken or pork 越式凍米線 (in picture)
  • cold sesame sauce chicken vermicelli黑嘛嘛雞絲掛米線
  • siu mai 燒賣: I used to get this for breakfast a lot for me and my colleagues. They were always happy to see this on their desks greeting them in the mornings!
  • pork bone congee with dried mini oysters and peanuts 旺菜豬骨粥: another breakfast item. Goes well with the siu mai when I'm very hungry.
Dishes that I found were so-so. None of these were bad but just I didn't really like them:
  • fried vermicelli 金牌撈米粉
  • che zai mien / cart noodles 車仔麵
  • yu dan / fish balls 魚蛋
  • cheung fun / rice rolls 腸粉
  • curry beef brisket on rice

Service: it's an independent local restaurant, please do not expect the baller service like McDonalds next door. You also get what you pay for... for around $40 I don't mind the local service and good food.

Location: Chiu Lung Street, Central
Website: NA

No comments:

Post a Comment